ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
- Receipt of Bids – Sealed bids will be received by Utility Services of Illinois for the project entitled “Lake Marian Water Main Replacement” until 11:00 am on Friday, July 26th, 2019 at the offices of Trotter and Associates, Inc. at 38 W. Grand Ave, Suite 300, Fox Lake Illinois 60020. The sealed bids will be privately opened afterwards in the offices of Trotter and Associates, Inc. Sealed bids shall be addressed to Utility Services of Illinois, Inc., attn: Sean Carbonaro, c/o Trotter and Associates, Inc., and shall be labeled “Lake Marian Water Main Replacement”.
- Work DescriptionDemolitionAbandon existing water main in place.Demolition of abandoned pump house.Site WorkC900 water main in rear-yards between Memory Lane and Lake Marian Road.
Work is to be completed using a combination of horizontal directional drilling technology and open cutting installation.
All existing residential service connections to be re-established up to the b-box.
Restoration (seed & blanket) and Erosion and Sediment Control Measures.
- Document Inspection and Procurements – The Contract Documents may be inspected and purchased at the following location.
Trotter and Associates, Inc.
40W201 Wasco Road, Ste D
St. Charles, IL 60175
Payment for Contract Documents is non–refundable and shall be payable to Trotter and Associates, Inc. in the form of cash, certified check or money order. No partial sets of specifications or drawings will be issued. The non–refundable cost for plans and specifications is $60.00. Addenda will be issued only to plan holders.
- Each bid shall be accompanied by a bid bond, bank draft, cashier’s check or certified check payable to the order of Utility Services of Illinois, Inc. in an amount not less than ten (10) percent of the amount of the bid, as a guaranty that the bidder will execute the contract, if it is awarded, in conformity with the bid form.
- The successful bidder will be required to furnish Performance and Completion and Payment Bonds on forms provided in the Specifications and Contract Documents, in an amount equal to 110 and 100 percent of the contract sum, respectively.
- Questions regarding the project received by 12:00 pm July 19th, 2019 will be answered by addendum. Questions submitted after this deadline will not be answered prior to the close of the bidding period. All questions shall be submitted in writing.
- Utility Services of Illinois may reserve the right to reject any and/or all bids if it has documented sound business reasons.